We were thrilled when the Canberra Region Joint Organisation asked us to feature as ‘Regional Champions’ amongst a number of other businesses from around the Canberra/ACT area. You can check out the little video they produced when they visited our home recently. It’s a shame we didn’t have the time to actually film in Ben Boyd National Park where we run our tours, but you get to see where we run our kayak tours and the beautiful riverside property we call home.
As both Arthur and I mentioned in the short clip, one thing we always recommend to people considering moving to a smaller community is to listen before they act. Living in a place with a small population is very different in many ways to living in a city. We think the good outweighs the bad in bucket loads:
- Less people = less traffic = more time to do the things you like, less pressure to rush out the door to work – and more time to spend doing the things you love with the people you love.
- Less choice in shops. How can that be good? We believe our modern world places way too much emphasis on ‘stuff’ and not enough on experiences, environment, community and family. And what can’t you buy online these days anyway?
- Less mess = more natural beauty. We really notice a steep increase in litter and mess when our population swells during peak tourist season. We don’t like it – but at least it’s contained to only a few weeks/months a year. Around that, this place is so clean that visitors often comment on it.
- More pride in place = see #3 above. Because our region is so stunningly beautiful; because we live it and breathe it daily, we care for it. It’s ‘ours’ so we pride ourselves in keeping it as clean as possible.
- Opportunity, support, community spirit, loads of love. Once you’ve moved to a smaller place, you’ll never want to go back to the rat-race.
This area is the latest Australian nature-tourism hot spot and brimming with choice. Check it out – the time is right for you to find your place in our place. We need tradies, we need teachers, we need nurses, we need baristas and chefs….we need new ideas.
Come on, give it a go. You’ll be welcomed with open arms.
Why not explore the stunning nature of this place first with one of our tours? Check out all the options or contact us and we’ll take you on a journey of a lifetime. Bet it makes you consider moving to the area…..